Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
EYE OF THE BEHOLDERBeauty is in the eye of the beholder
Beauty is a heart that's pure and true
Pretty girls are pretty on the outside
Beauties are pretty through and through
R E NICHOLS
Can Christians Like Dragons?HEADS UP!!! The Biblical half of this version of the article is relatively outdated as of 02/11/2016, so please follow the below link to read the revised and expanded edition! Thank you!!!
In other words, can a Christian morally have a love for dragons? The logic behind the question is that dragons by Biblical standards seem to be evil creatures. Therefore it should be incompatible to follow Jesus Christ and love dragons at the same time, right? This is what I've been accused of many times, being a firm holder to Truth yet having a soft spot for dragons. I would like to answer in detail these accusations, thus the reason for this article.
Let us look at dragons from every angle, starting with what The Sacred Scriptures say. In The Holy Bible the Hebrew word used for dragon(s) is 'tanniyn' and shows up 29 times in The Old Testament. But, do note t
Sarcasm isn't SarcasticWhen you were a kid, did you ever imagine a voice narrating your life? Did the voice sound like the awkward rambling at the beginning of a new Disney movie saying things like, "uhhh," "whatever," "so yeah," and "I mean" as the character introduces themself in a "funny awkward," way? That's because it's the easiest thing for anyone to do.
Being lazy is so often confused with being witty, and writing awkward rambling is truly the easiest thing to do. Tacking "-ish" onto the endings of words, making one word sentences, using sloppy phrases like "she gave him the give-me-Percy-Jackson-or-I'll-kill-you expression," or making the narrator sound unsure of themself is sometimes all it takes to trick people into thinking you have a "strong voice as a writer."
It's actually the weakest and least talented voice to have as an author, because it's the most easy. This lazy babbling excused as "sarcasm" is a low form of wit, and any fool could write a book in the same voice as Rick Riordan
Life Lessons From Bella Swann1. You should always address your parents by their first names.
2. Pay no attention to the kids at school. No matter how friendly they are, no matter how many times the girls invite you to sit with them at lunch and team up with them on the weekends, no matter how many times the boys ask you out, you know you're stupid, ugly, clumsy, and totally worthless.
3. Your problems are everybody's problems. Whatever affects you should affect them in every aspect.
4. With boyfriends, it's all about physical looks. It doesn't matter if they're pushy, meddlesome, pretentious, self-absorbed, and dictatorial, as long as they're insanely attractive.
5. Edward is hot. Edward is beautiful. Edward is gorgeous. Edward is perfect. Edward is hot. Edward is every girl's dream come true. Edward shines like a thousand diamonds. Edward is hot. Edward is inhumanly handsome. Edward is eye-catching. Edward is an angel and a devil all rolled into one. Did I forget to mention Edward is hot?
6. It's inherently wrong
Made of Nothing
Fast Foreword: A Brief Introduction
Why are people so eager to tell me when they find God, but they never mention where he was hiding? Sorry, that's just been bugging me. Now about my essay I made it educational and concise, but I also tried to include some humor so it wouldn't read like an obituary column for any beliefs you may have had. To put it bluntly, this article's as likely to erase your faith in God as the Tanya Harding sex tape.
Okay, maybe that's a bit ambitious. Some people couldn't be convinced that God doesn't exist if God himself descended from the heavens just to announce that he doesn't exist. Even among otherwise critical thinkers, religion seems to be more or an emotional appendage than anything else. Trying to use reason to talk someone out of their religion seems as futile and incendiary as trying to logically convince someone they've married the wrong person. But I
The Six Lessons of LokiI. The Norns are bitches. You can either entertain them or yourself. Deal with it.
II. If you plan to do something stupid, make sure you can save your own ass.
III. He who plays with fire risks getting burnt. Even I am no exception to this.
IV. Never lie, but only tell the truth if you have to.
V. Snake venom is painful.
VI. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Mjollnir is sure to kill me.
The Bible Says God Doesn't Exist (Really!)
Many Christians wonder how anyone could doubt the existence of God, but it turns out it's right in the bible. If you read between the lines, it tells you there's no God
1) The bible claims that God sacrificed Jesus for our sins. (John 3:16, Romans 3:25, Ephesians 5:2, Hebrews 9:26) (This is ignoring Deuteronomy 24:16 and Ezekiel 18:20, which state that everyone is to be responsible for their own transgressions without anyone else dying for their sins, thus undermining the primary basis of Christianity.)
2) Since Jesus is God (2 Peter 1:1, John 10:30-33, and other verses), premise 1 means that God sacrificed himself.
3) A sacrifice involves the destruction of the entire being, including the spirit. This seems intuitively obvious especially for a self-sacrifice, since it's not much of a sacrifice if the martyr is guaranteed an eternity in heaven.
Do somen about ur jealousy
Have you ever get jealous over someone's talent? Or think someone is better than you, and you are nothing? Have you ever said to someone "I wish I have your talent?"
If that's you, here is my tips for you.
Instead of just dwelling on that sour feeling of jealousy, do something about it.
1) Remember: No one pops out good works like magic, no talent would shine without hard work. When you are envying, or complimenting other's "Talents" you are really complimenting their results of hard work. No matter how talented one can be, without hard work talents are NOTHING.
a) Everyone has a different starts, different environments, different developments, different interests.
Everyone has a different start, a different environment, and different development... focus on developing yourself with what you have, and try to learn from whoever you can learn from.
Many artists are talented and gifted since their youth, but it's also their environment that plays a
my chemical romance bibleYou know you're a My Chemical Romance Freak when
1. Your carpet is soaked with drool after watching them play on TV
2. You cry when u hear them play your favorite song live
3. You hear someone say My Chemical Romance and you snap to attention
4. You stand your ground and defend them when someone tries to criticize them
5. You feel like burning the TRL building down
6. You read a story and claim you saw one of the band members names, though its not there
7. You have a MCR song for every point in your day
8. You lick the TV when there on it, Mmm..MCR
9. You recite the words to the song when someone even mutters just a word of it.
10. You Live by the words of My Chemical Romance
11. You've asked your parents millions of times if you could make MCR your religion!!
12. You lick pictures of Gerard, or any of the band members for that matter ( This was mentioned by ~that-girl-24 and was happily posted to the bible.)
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE BIBLE
Gerard Way puts the "laughter
From The Soul Of A Dog
~A drink from a water fountain tastes better when you allow the water to trickle down your chin.
~Familiarize your nose with important things, whether it be a comfortable blanket, good food, or a favorite person.
~Revel in the thrill of protecting those you love.
~Eagerly anticipate meal times and when they happen, be sure to take joy in every mouthful.
~Take time to run barefoot on occasion and experience the sting of feet meeting earth with each stride.
~Look forward to car rides and when occasion allows, stick your head out the window to feel the wind on your face. Who cares if your hair gets messed up, that's what combs are for.
~When uncertain about eating something, smell it first. You'll be surprised just how much the nose really knows.
~In most situations, an open show of hostility only makes things worse.
~Barking relieves stress. Whether it be at cars, other dogs, or even birds flying overhead, it all works.
~Don't consider yourself too high a